Logo
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Posting a Costume clarification for Ian.

December 06, 2011 08:55PM
So, I got bored and read through the 9th ed rulebook, and found a little something that people should be aware of, since it's different from 8th edition:

Page 105 of the 9th ed Rulebook
Wear Bonuses
You can add Wear Points to your base by purchasing the skill wear extra armor or by wearing good costuming.

Wear Extra Armor: The skill wear extra armor adds 5 wear points per purchase to your characters wear point total up to a maximum of 40 points.

Costume Bonus: Any player will be awarded five wear points simply for being fully in costume with their entire visible costume fully fitting with the in game atmosphere see “Costumes” on page 121. A marshal must be consulted to see if your costume warrants the bonus. You should do this at every chapter you go to as some chapters have different criteria to make this decision. The maximum Wear total a player can have is 40 (45 with good costuming), no effect can augment this bonus higher by any means.

Armor points granted by the spell “Shield” are considered Armor but do not count toward your Wear Point total.

Example, Mandrake the scholar has 10 base wear points, he purchases Wear extra armor and now has 15 wear points. His costume is reviewed by a marshal and is given the 5 wear points for costuming. So he can now wear up to 20 Armor points.

For a more personal example: I have a 30pt rep that I wear, and I want to get maximum value on a Templar. Without any Wear Extra Armor, I can wear 15pts. So, I can either: a) Buy Wear Extra Armor x3, or b) Buy Wear Extra Armor x2, and hope the Marshall says I have good costuming (which gives a temporary Wear Extra Armor).

Dictated by Ian Petley, Posted by John Williams
Unofficial Rules Encyclopedia

P.S. If you don't believe me, Dan Comstock clarified it here: [www.nerolarp.com]

Subject Author Views Posted

Posting a Costume clarification for Ian.

John 1769 December 06, 2011 08:55PM

Armor Clarifications (was Costuming)

Andrew 640 December 07, 2011 12:09AM

Re: Armor Clarifications (was Costuming)

Ian Petley 761 December 08, 2011 02:18AM

Andrew 692 December 08, 2011 01:55PM

Jay 592 March 14, 2012 06:59PM

Ian Petley 1065 March 14, 2012 07:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 223 on November 04, 2012